Senior Strategic Buyer
A fantastic opportunity to join a global manufacturing business
A clear path for progression over the next 2-3 years
About Our Client
Our client, based in S. Yorkshire, have retained PageGroup on this pivotal piece of recruitment. The organisation in question has experienced change over the last two years and have a positive growth plan into 2021/22.
Recent investment into the business will allow this manufacturer to increase their CAPEX spend across all areas, invest in further development of their employees and above all else provide long-term security and profitability for the organisation.
This business, now on a journey of growth, are looking to engage with top talent to bolster the procurement department and make a significant impact towards the companies objectives.
The successful candidate for this role of Senior Strategic Buyer can expect to progress to Procurement Manager or Senior Category Manager within 2-3 years. The company is offering real progression whether that be towards people management or larger-scale category management.
The responsibilities of this Senior Strategic Buyer will be to work alongside the Senior Category Managers developing large spends on raw materials. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that contracts within their own control are effectively managed - end to end.
- Market analysis and assistance towards delivering category risk and mitigation plans; monitoring, managing and reducing risk.
- Developing and managing supplier relationships
- Assisting with the management of large spends across raw materials
- Responsibility of spot tender enquiries with individual values in excess of 20m.
The Successful Applicant
This position of Senior Strategic Buyer will be a succession plan to Procurement Manager or Senior Category Manager. Ideally we are looking for an individual that has the relevant experience alongside the desire to work hard and progress their careers quickly.
- Purchasing and Procurement expertise
- Degree / MCIPS
- Exposure to Raw material or Freight categories
- Exposure to managing spends in excess of 20m
- Commercial acumen - working with contracts essential
- Previous experience working with long lead times (desirable)
- The ability to travel and work from home (there is an office based in S. Yorkshire)
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000 + package