Senior Surveyor (Housing - Asset)
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Surveyor
Work streams include Asset Management, M&E and Compliance
About Our Client
A large Housing Association
As the Senior Surveyor (Housing - Asset), you'll be responsible for delivering planned investment through the organisations framework contractors who cover the London Region.
The projects are varied, covering a range of work types including mechanical and electrical work, fire alarms, lift replacements and fire safety works alongside the usual investment for kitchens, bathrooms, roofs and other key components
General responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking all aspects of the surveying functions required in the provision of a professional Asset Management service, and ensure that the Associations stock is maintained in the highest possible standard
- Delivering a range of surveying services, this will include but is not exclusive to; implementing, monitoring, inspecting, diagnosing repairs and managing contract works on a range of projects and services
- Working with consultants, contractors and customers in the delivery of improvement works to the associations stock
- Managing all works within contractual requirements, key performance indicator targets and agreed programmes
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Senior Surveyor (Housing - Asset) role will:
- Have excellent knowledge of building construction, and of relevant legislation, building regulation, standards and ability to manage Health & Safety during a project.
- Have the ability to survey and specify required works, to diagnose and specify remedies to building defects
- Be experienced in managing contractor's performance delivering building works at a project level including H&S, quality, value, progress and KPIs.
- Have a strong understanding of maintenance services within social housing sector (responsive, empty homes, planned, cyclical and compliance), and have a successful track record of delivering building surveying services or M&E projects, and management of substantial work programmes in a similar environment
- Have excellent standards of customer care and the ability to deliver accurate and clear communications in writing, face to face or by telephone.
- Hold good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, housing and property management systems
- Live an easily commutable distance from London (North of South) on a daily basis
What's on Offer
A competitive annual salary and benefits package