Senior Technical Specialist
Critical role within the business to support customers and Service Engineers
Senior Technical Specialist required
About Our Client
Ficep has become the world leading supplier of structural steel and plate fabrication equipment during the past 15 years. For example, Ficep currently controls approximately 75% of the world market for structural steel and plate processing systems.
In February 2000 Ficep S.p.A. Established Ficep UK, to address the sales and service requirements of the UK market after previously working with agents for many years. Since the beginning, Ficep UK, based in Wakefield Europort, West Yorkshire, has sold hundreds of CNC lines in to the British Structural Industry. This subsidiary is engaged in the installation, sales, and service of new Ficep equipment plus the refurbishment of used structural steel fabrication equipment.
Their sales and service team averages over 20 years of experience selling and servicing high technology equipment for the structural steel fabrication industry. Their experience and commitment level in this industry is second to none!
Reporting into the Service Manager, the Senior Technical Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical direction for the service department and engineers.
- Applying significant knowledge, including developments to improve service to customers
- Reviewing technical competency or service team
- Recognising system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Creating and executing development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Communicate effectively with cross functionally to keep relevant parties updated with project progress
- Own the service lifecycle and manage technical risks throughout the project
- Communicate and enforce codes and standards effectively
- Perform technical reviews and mentor junior engineers
- Manage technical resource within budget and project timescales
- Consistently deliver high quality service to customers
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will have the following:
- An understanding of complex CNC/PLC concepts with the ability to conduct fault diagnosis
- HNC (or equivalent) in electro/mechanical engineering
- Significant knowledge of client/server and internet system architectures
- A proven track record of working to high standard in health and safety
What's on Offer
£competitive base salary + benefits