- Cutting Edge Tech
- Career Progression
About Our Client
Our client is one of the UK's Leading Financial Institution based in Manchester, they are a leading provider of financial services and they are one of the top building societies in the UK. During these difficult time they have grown their digital team and are now looking to add an experienced Senior Software Test Engineer to come on-board and lead day to day test activity. The company have been operating for over 170 years and have over 400 employees across the UK. This is a well-respected, well established financial organisation with a growing and innovative mindset.
As a Senior Test Engineer you will be leading a team on understanding business requirements and processes to define and construct test scenarios/scripts. As the Test Lead you will need to be highly experienced in the use and application of industry test tools and frameworks on an integrated product platform and be comfortable to operate in a technical capacity (digital and integrations) to support business change in collaboration with IT and 3rd party suppliers to maintain a highly efficient and reliable end to end test process.
These will be some of the key areas where you will need to have strong experience:
- Continuous review of scope and the testability of all requirements set out by the team
- Provide test estimates and approach to the Test Manager.
- Working collaboratively with BAs, developers and PMs to ensure all documentation the test team require in order to script and plan is available and of a suitable standard.
- Embed best practices and quality improvements, including test automation.
- Manage project test team risks, issues and dependencies.
- Work with suppliers to agree scope and frequency of meetings.
- Responsible for managing project level interdependencies, risks and issues and escalating programme level RAIDs to the Programme Test Manager.
- Analyse functional, non- functional and technical specifications and user stories/requirements to derive all relevant test cases and scenarios.
- Deal with escalations from test analysts.
- Work with business resources and co-ordinate creation of UAT test scenarios and scripts.
- Guide and mentor test analysts and business testers during test scripting and execution.
- Review and provide feedback on all project documentation from requirements to test scripts.
- Attending and participating in regular meetings with other Team Leads to ensure consistent quality and mentoring where required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Ideally 3 - 5 years' demonstrated experience as a Test Lead or as an experienced Senior Test Analyst.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of applying a robust test assurance model to 3rd party deliveries.
- Full software development life-cycle experience using structured and agile approaches.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of testing best practice / test methodologies and their practical application on a programme delivery.
- Browser compatibility / mobile test tools i.e.Browserstack.
- Manual and test automation experience of web / mobile technologies.
- Ability to mentor and guide less experienced test resources on the programme.
- ISEB / ISTQB software testing accreditation.
- Proficient on JIRA and Zephyr to be able to create sprints and dashboards.
- Solid experience of working within the financial services sector.
- Working knowledge and experience of test design techniques and approaches within an integrated product solution.
- Ability to understand and fully utilise a variety of modern test tools and test frameworks including those that support automation testing, to drive end to end quality and efficiency.
What's on Offer
The successful Senior Test Engineer will receive the following benefits:
* Competitive salary up to £50,000 with annual salary reviews
* Generous annual leave starting at 27 days
* Pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Corporate discounts
Plus, a lot more click apply below to find out more.