Senior Textiles and Fabrics Manager
An opportunity for a Senior Textiles and Fabrics Specialist
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
About Our Client
My client is a well-known global Retail business that houses some of the world's top-tier fashion brands. Established more than 100 years ago, this business now operates in over 40 countries and employs +-41,000 people who work together to provide high quality products to consumers all around the world.
As the Senior Textiles and Fabrics Manager, you will be based in Nairobi - Kenya and will be responsible for the management of the innovation, sourcing and development of seasonal fabrics to meet designer aesthetic visions ensuring a fine balance between cost, quality and speed. You will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the complete end to end functions for Fabric Sourcing , Development, Quality and Processes.
- Complete management of the Fabric Mills across the region, including the effective design
- Oversee fabric testing and ensure mills understand expectations and communicate as needed to QA to ensure final garment quality
- Resolve any fabric related issues on the escalation review
- Utilise technical expertise in collaboration with the mill to meet quality expectations.
- Proactively initiate support of strategic initiatives identifying where the overseas team can add the greatest value
- Proactively monitor and meet calendar deadlines for approvals and mill execution.
- Ensure capacity to meet deadlines and manage resources as needed
- Review and manage the process by analysing metrics to determine effectiveness of current process.
- Surface ideas for improvement and identify any threats
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Textiles and Fabrics Manager should meet the minimum requirements below:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Textile / Fabrics Industry
- Degree Qualification
- Very strong and thorough knowledge of knits, woven, yarn, dyeing and finishing.
- End to End Supply Chain knowledge and experience
- Must currently reside in or be willing to reside in Nairobi, Kenya
What's on Offer
The Ideal candidate will be offered a market related salary with competitive benefits.