Senior Transport Manager
Fast Paced, multi-temperature distribution
Fantastic scope for progression
About Our Client
Our client are a leader within the Food service Sector who are continuing to develop and grow operations across the UK.
The role will focus on leading the Transport Departments in the South. This includes our main distribution centre in Southall and two smaller out bases in the region. The aim of this role is to ensure the departments deliver industry leading customer service in a compliant, safe, and profitable manner and play a key proactive role to grow business within the South region. The ideal candidate will have the ability to progress into the Regional Operations Manager role in the future. The role will interact with the Regional Operations Manager and have regular contact with the senior Leadership team (including business owners) on a daily basis.
In the role of Regional Transport Manager your key deliverables will be based around:
- Resource & Cost Management
- Compliance & H&S:
- Customer Service
- General Management
- Continuous Improvement
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role and in order to progress to the next level within the business you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Industry qualification or relevant and equivalent experience in Business operations including warehouse and transport management.
- Experience in managing Transport departments.
- CPC holder essential.
- Well versed knowledge and experience in all aspects of operations
- Proven delivery of designing, delivering, and embedding change initiatives.
- Strong strategic agility, good problem-solving skills
- Able to build positive relationships with leaders, managers, and colleagues.
- Able to convey ideas and advice clearly, concisely, with conviction and in a persuasive manner often in the face of opposition when advice is challenged.
- Able to understand the business priorities arising from operational management issues, forming appropriate action to be taken with the ability to gain leadership support for implementation in a timely manner.
- Devising plans for change that evaluate and assess the impact and risks of such action.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills/able to generate own correspondence and reports.
- Have adequate computer skills including MS Office (including excel), HRIS, Internet and email programs.
- Possess commercial acumen and an understanding of ROI
What's on Offer
You will join a fantastic business and form part of the senior leadership team. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits along with realistic chance for further progression.