Senior Transport Planner
Exciting opportunity to manage the transport planning function
Well-established 3PL company based in Milton Keynes
About Our Client
The client is a well-established 3PL company located in Milton Keynes offering comprehensive palletised distribution, general haulage and commercial storage.
The successful Senior Transport Planner will be responsible for:
- Working with the Operations Director and traffic team, this role will encompass the management of the fleet on a daily basis. This will include not only the general and groupage operations but also the dedicated traction fleet, with the prime objective of achieving customer collection and delivery expectations.
- Planning of all back-haul opportunities for the whole fleet of vehicles.
- Lead a team of individuals as part of the transport team, including transport planners and transport administrators.
- Ensure trunking trailers are in place as necessary for loading and manage the departure of trunks to ensure they depart site in time to meet hub bookings.
- Hours of work 13:00-22:00hrs Monday to Friday.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Transport Planner will have the following key attributes:
- Preferably hold a National CPC
- Have excellent geographical knowledge, both locally and nationally.
- Strong commercial awareness
- High level of computer literacy
- Fully conversant with transport legislation and driver's hours' regulations.
- Live within commutable distance of Milton Keynes
What's on Offer
A strong package is available for the successful Senior Transport Planner.