Senior Treasury Accountant
Opportunity based in Reading
Working for a leading Treasury function
About Our Client
The successful candidate will gain exposure to the wider business and across all elements of treasury. This role will give the right person an exciting challenge and scope to help shape the direction of the Treasury team.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Treasury Accountant include the following:
- Responsible for production of monthly Treasury back-office reporting pack.
- Support half-year and year end process including preparation of treasury notes / disclosures for financials statements.
- Responsible for preparation of financial statements for two Treasury entities.
- Responsible for timely and accurate treasury accounting, including hedge accounting.
- Controlling and reviewing treasury transactions (through spreadsheets/journals).
- Preparation and analysis of mark to market/fair values and current/non-current accounting entries to be used in preparation of IFRS accounts.
- Update/document back office reporting and other processes.
- Identify process gaps and improve reporting processes.
- Responsible for testing of deals/models on Treasury Management System (TMS).
- Develop expertise in TMS to develop and improve TMS based reporting.
- Support for internal and external audit.
- Deliver / support a wide range of key treasury projects.
- Work closely with Group Financial Accounting team to ensure that all Treasury data is correctly produced and presented.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Senior Treasury Accountant position you require:
- A qualified member of the ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent with 3-5 years post qualification experience of technical accounting and reporting.
- Experience of having worked in a Treasury Accounting capacity
- Significant IAS/IFRS knowledge specially IAS 32, IAS 39, IFRS 7 and IFRS 9.
- Excellent MS excel skills, familiar with SAP, HFM or similar systems.
- Effective communicator and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Treasury Management System (Wallstreet preferably.)
What's on Offer
The package on offer is circa. £50,000 plus benefits.