Senior Warehouse Shift Manager
An exciting warehouse opportunity in Kent
Warehouse Manager's required to work for a leading brand
About Our Client
Our client is a brand leader within FMCG.
Our client are looking for an established Warehouse Manager / Senior Warehouse Shift Manager to manage and organise a large and complex FMCG warehouse operation. Reporting directly to the Distribution Senior Manager you will be responsible for the full range of product movements from receipt through to picking, completion of customer deliveries and outgoing inter branch transfers.
You will be responsible for leading, supporting, coaching and developing a team of frontline managers across a challenging 4 on 4 off (rotating days/nights) shift. You will do so whilst demonstrating a strong ability to drive operational compliance to process, strong decision making skills and the ability to lead the team effectively under pressure from multiple areas of the business with safety as the highest priority.
As the most senior person on site for a significant portion of your time you will be accountable for a variety of business metrics including safety, engagement, cost, process and service with a very clear expectation for delivering year on year improvements in all of these areas and more.
The Successful Applicant
The Warehouse Manager / Senior Warehouse Shift Manager will live within a commuting distance of Dartford and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- A strong track record in overseeiTng successful warehouse operations
- Be willing to work on a 4 on 4 off shift rotating across days and nights
- Ability to develop the individuals within the team and deliver performance improvement through team members
- Experience in a leadership role
- Can demonstrate the ability to comprehend change management and lead change initiatives
- Strong record of process compliance and improvement
- Project delivery and implementation whilst influencing key stakeholders
- Acceptance of accountability for long term, sustained performance improvement
- The ability to work under pressure whilst managing multiple timed targets simultaneously
- Proven track record for succession planning and performance management
- You will maintain high standards of customer service, for internal customers, external customers and communicate these values to your team
- Demonstrate high standards on health & safety
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary and package will be offered to the successful candidate.