Service Charge Team Leader - Housing
Excellent Service Charge role based in the West Midlands
About Our Client
Our client are an outstanding housing provider based in the West Midlands.
- Line management of staff; ensure the team are operating within agreed targets/timeframes
- Conduct reviews of the teams/individuals performance. Carry out regular meetings, 1-2-1's to ensure the morale of the team is good, they are motivated and achieving targets.
- Ensure the Service Charge Team's Key Performance Indicators are met or exceeded.
- Produce regular reporting of teams progress to Head of Service Charge and wider business as and when required.
- Assist the team with customer queries/complaints where they require assistance.
- Take ownership of complex queries/complaints that fall outside the capabilities of the team. Ensue effective communication with other departments, where required, to resolve promptly.
- Manage the S20 process, ensuring that consultation requests from other areas of the business are appropriate and comply with legislation.
- To ensure that all queries received by the team are resolved within agreed timelines, supporting departmental targets.
- To attend First Tier tribunals, court cases and mediations when required
- To attend meetings both internal and external when required
- To attend all training sessions as required
- Completion of other ad-hoc tasks as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience of Service Charges
- Line management experience
- Flexible approach to working hours to be able to respond to times of peak demand (year end etc.).
- Willingness to travel, as required, to our other offices.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of residential property management
- Experience of lease reading/interpretation
What's on Offer
Excellent salary & benefits.