- Join a growing IT function to design and deliver a wide range of projects.
- Exciting project working with cutting edge technology
About Our Client
The Government Property Agency is helping transform the way the Civil Service works and reshaping the relationship civil servants have with their place of work. The GPA is a new organisation within Government, created in 2018 and is in many ways a start up. This means although it is a Government Department, many of the systems, processes, ways of working are still being set up.
The majority of the senior team have being recruited last year in Birmingham. The tech team is small (17 FTE currently) expected to grow to circa 30 this year and uses partners for a lot of delivery. The budget per annum is circa £14m, but expected to grow to circa £30m in the next few years.
- Reporting to Head of IT Service Management who you will be assisting with the lead, manage and recruitment of service management team members.
- Deputise for the Head of IT Service Management as required.
- Manage vendor and 3rd party supplier relationships
- The service manager is responsible for service management across platforms, multiple channels and services to ensure service availability, performance and process maturity.
- leverage your data analytics skills to enhance business performance.
- Define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context.
- Evaluate current strategies to ensure business requirements are being met and exceeded where possible
The Successful Applicant
- You know how to manage configuration items, related information, service compliance and risks.
- Strong experience managing vendors and 3rd parties.
- lead investigative work into problems with and opportunities in existing processes, driving the collection of information and creation of recommendations for improvements.
- You know how to absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to produce solutions.
- Analyse current processes, identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes, and
- lead and develop a team of experts to deliver service improvements.
- Evaluate and establish requirements for the implementation of changes by setting policy and standards.
- You can take accountability of issues that occur and be proactive in searching for potential problems. You know how to achieve excellent user outcomes.
- Track record in influencing stakeholders and manage relationships effectively. You can build long-term strategic relationships.
- You know how to facilitate and deliver business outcomes.
What's on Offer
- Work on a range of busy and exciting projects
- Competitive Day Rate
- Long Term Contract