- ITIL, Windows 10, Office 365, Citrix, VMWare
- Field Engineer
About Our Client
Work for a major player in West London Housing Sector
Provide vital 2nd Line Field Engineer Support in a Technologically Modern Organisation
- Visiting remote schemes troubleshooting and resolving user queries and equipment failures.
- Advising users on the best use of the IT equipment and systems.
- Installing new equipment and assisting with scheme office moves.
- Creating, updating and owning scheme IT documentation on SharePoint.
- Assist 1st Line Service Desk Team Leader and Analysts with the logging, resolving, escalations and monitoring of incidents and queries as required.
- Manage escalations from the 1st line Service Desk Analysts to ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Prioritise and schedule incidents. Escalate incident (when required) to the third line team.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Liaise with external support companies (resolver groups) to ensure the prompt resolution of incidents in line with agreed SLA's to minimise disruption to service.
- Carry out daily monitoring and operational support functions to maintain the capacity and availability of the IT Infrastructure (such as backups and server checks).
- Document both user and technical procedures and instructions to guarantee consistence of service, including in a disaster recovery situation, within the Service Delivery team.
- Review IT Service Desk processes and to identify and support the implementation of service improvements.
- Ensure the effective tracking and use of IT hardware and software assets in line with agreed procedures.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Support continual service improvement through the effective alert management and identification of emerging trends in incidents.
- Perform administrative duties such as setting up new login accounts, ordering new equipment, ordering new software, etc.
- Assist in software releases, rollouts and communication.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to build strong relationships with users based in multiple offices.
- Must have own motor vehicle and full UK driving license
- You will be totally committed to delivering excellent customer experience - being easy, reliable and empathetic in the way you deal with customers, and colleagues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on relationship building and delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to influence at both a peer and senior level within the business.
- Highly computer literate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable Service Desk support experience working with and for customers in order to resolve their IT needs.
- Fault diagnosis and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to analyse issues, potential impacts and risks to the business, and to prioritise workloads and resolve/escalate accordingly.
- Aptitude and willingness to rapidly learn new technologies.
What's on Offer
A fantastic permanent position with a fantastic organisation where you have the opportunity to build your career.
- A great exposure to working within IT in the housing industry
- A generous salary of up to £35,000