Work on sites across the country
Opportunity to lead projects and use a range of engineering skills
About Our Client
Graphic Packaging International are one of the largest food and drink packaging manufacturers in the world. Their highly successful operation spans the globe . It already has over 70 sites across a number of countries.
They are performing extremely well and reported fantastic financial results last year.
The Organisation are in tune with good ethical practice and behaviours , focusing on sustainability and their impact on their local and international community.
Above all Graphic Packaging International pride themselves on creating a safe and supportive place to work for all of their staff . Graphic Packaging International offers their staff rewarding careers and training opportunities as they believe that their people are their greatest asset.
They have an impressive portfolio of clients within the food and drink industry including many well known brands and have machines installed in an array of world class manufacturing sites.
Their core values are integrity, respect, accountability , relationships and team work. If you feel these values are in line with your own personal beliefs then Graphic Packaging International could be the perfect business for you.
As a Service Engineer you will get the chance to travel across the country working in a range of food and drink manufacturing factories. You will manage a variety of projects and service issues across the country conducting top-level troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of electrical, mechanical and controls related problems on machines installed at customer locations, including overhauls and field upgrades as necessary.
You will use your knowledge and initiative to help develop machines and will be expected to implement continuous improvement concepts and techniques to increase equipment productivity. Driving process improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
It will be imperative that you develop and maintain productive working relationships with customers using your expertise on the equipment you will help develop your customer relationships with practical instruction and training to customer's staff on safety, operations, machinery maintenance and proper carton handling procedures.
You will be joining both a national and international team which will allow you to participate in sharing best practice to develop your reputation and provide future opportunities both at home and abroad.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Service Engineer will require the following qualifications and experience.
- 4 or more years of related experience and/or formal training in equipment maintenance, repair and troubleshooting. Knowledge of packaging or similar equipment is advantageous
- Technical training with graduation or education of industrial or mechanical engineering
- Demonstrated ability to read electrical, mechanical engineering PLC and operator interface knowledge/experience.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methods, i.e. Six Sigma methodology
- Must be prepared to travel if required on short notice. Working hours are flexible to meet Customer demands. Some shift / out of hours working will be required as necessary.
- Higher level of English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Full clean driving license
- Effective communicator, both orally and written, with internal and external customers
- Successfully identifies root causes and resolves problems and issues
- Develops positive customer relationships through customer-focused mindset
- Is a team player, works well with others inside and outside the organisation
- Detail-orientated and technically minded
- Is a self-starter, has initiative, can effectively work independently with minimal direct supervision
What's on Offer
The Service Engineer will receive a competitive salary plus a car - negotiable on experience.