Field Service Engineer to be based across South Yorkshire and North of England.
Electrical installations, service and maintenance of all customers machinery.
About Our Client
Graphic Packaging International are one of the largest packaging manufacturers in the world. Their highly successful operation spans the globe and already has over 70 sites across a number of countries. They are performing extremely well and reported fantastic financial results last year.
The Organisation are in tune with good ethical practice and behaviours, focusing on sustainability and their impact on their local and international community. Above all Graphic Packaging pride themselves on creating a safe and supportive place to work for all of their staff. Graphic Packaging International offers their staff rewarding careers and training opportunities as they believe that their people are their greatest asset.
As an Electrical biased, Field Service Engineer you will get the chance to travel across the country working in a range of manufacturing factories. You will manage a variety of projects and service issues across the country conducting top-level troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of electrical, mechanical and controls related problems on machines installed at customer locations, including overhauls and field upgrades as necessary.
You will use your knowledge and initiative to help develop machines and will be expected to implement continuous improvement concepts and techniques to increase equipment productivity. Driving process improvement and cost reduction initiatives. It will be imperative that you develop and maintain productive working relationships with customers using your expertise on the equipment you will help develop your customer relationships with practical instruction and training to customer's staff on safety, operations, machinery maintenance and proper carton handling procedures
The successful Service Engineer will conduct the following:
- Conduct top-level troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of electrical, mechanical and controls related problems on machines installed at customer locations, including overhauls and field upgrades as necessary.
- Participate in the development, processing and follow up of specifications during machinery tests, debugging and start up, as well as, during the development and field testing of new carton designs.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with customers and acts professionally and proactively to resolve equipment, cartons or service-related issues.
- Apply continuous improvement concepts and techniques to increase equipment productivity.
- Participate in process improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Effectively utilize IT systems (in-house and standard applications).
- Provides instruction and training to customers' staff on safety, operations, machinery maintenance and proper carton handling procedures.
- Prepare service reports, modified schematics, standard operating procedures and carton specification updates to support field initiatives and changes.
- Report on progress of projects / assignments to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct audits, evaluations and assessment of machine systems / performance results.
- Liaise with other companies / OEM's working on common projects.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Service Engineer will require the following:
Qualifications and experience
- 5 or more years of related experience and/or formal training in equipment maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of packaging or similar equipment is advantageous with an Electrical bias skill set.
- Technical training with graduation or education of industrial or mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to read electrical, mechanical engineering PLC and operator interface.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methods, i.e. Six Sigma methodology.
- Must be prepared to travel if required on short notice.
- Working hours are flexible to meet Customer demands.
- Some shift and out of hours working will be required as necessary.
- Higher level of English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Full driving license.
- Effective communicator, both orally and written, with internal and external customers.
- Successfully identifies root causes and resolves problems and issues.
- Develops positive customer relationships through customer-focused mindset.
- Is a team player, works well with others inside and outside the organisation.
- Detail-orientated and technically minded.
- Is a self-starter, has initiative, can effectively work independently with minimal direct supervision.
What's on Offer
The Service Engineer will receive a competitive salary, plus a company car which is negotiable based on experience.