An amazing opportunity to join a Global leader in survival and safety solutions
Looking for a Service Technician to join on a full time, permanent basis
About Our Client
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, energy, aerospace and defence markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
Survitec operate through two distinct businesses, for Marine and Aerospace & Defence. Together they have over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors.
By setting the global standard in critical safety and survival, Survitec protects over one million lives every day.
The business is currently going through an exciting period of positive change, this opportunity is based in the Marine business
The successful Service Technician will be responsible for the following;
To service all Marine products including, Liferafts, Lifejackets and Immersion Suits.
* Ensure all procedures are adhered to regarding manufacturers' manuals and bulletins along with re-certification
* Liaise with the Operations Management to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
* Complete all servicing paperwork accurately and pass it to the office for certification and invoicing to be completed.
* Ensure that good housekeeping and health and safety of work areas is maintained to avoid possible near miss incidents
* Ensure manufacturers manuals and bulletins are maintained in a tidy condition and that these are available at all times.
* Ensure manufacturers bulletins are read and signed in accordance with Company and manufacturers requirements.
* Calibration - ensure equipment is returned for recalibration at prescribed intervals by liaising with Operations Management
* Ensuring a good level of housekeeping is kept.
* Ensuring correct PPE is worn at all times for the relevant tasks undertaken
The Successful Applicant
The successful Service Technician will possess a range of the following;
* Experience in working in a similar role.
* Be able to work autonomously on site in a safe and professional manner ensuring a high standard of work.
* Expected as reasonably practicable to work throughout all areas and locations of the business as required.
* Have a flexible approach regards working hours, and the ability to work extra hours if required.
* Have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, via all means of communication.
* Have excellent organisational skills and awareness of the requirement for efficient time planning.
* Be able to remain calm under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and targets.
* Have the ability to work within a team or on their own with minimal guidance.
* Marin ark experience would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
The successful Service Technician will gain a competitive salary + other great benefits