- To work with an inventor of award-winning medical technology
- To be part of a business going through rapid expansion into the global market
About Our Client
PageGroup Scotland are delighted to be supporting emblation - an award-winning medical technology company, revolutionising the way microwave energy is used in healthcare.
Their aim is to improve on traditional treatments, using the unique advantages microwaves deliver - accurate, repeatable procedures, and better clinical outcomes.
Their technology is revolutionising the treatment of HPV infections globally, and is widely used in Dermatology, Podiatry and Oncology, with a number of disruptive applications under development in the fields of Cardiology and Gynaecology.
The company was started in 2007 by joint co-founders (current Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technology Officer) and inventors behind the technology. They form part of the highly experienced management team with over 50 years of experience in this field.
You can now find emblation's medical devices in 1000s of clinics and hospitals across the UK, the US, Canada, and Australia. They are just at the start of a journey and you will be joining the emblation team at a key phase in their growth.
Having recently secured additional investment into the business to fund the next stages of the company's development, underpinned by 3 primary goals:
* Expansion into new treatment areas
* Development of new markets and a wider global presence
* The addition of new talent to our Scottish Headquarters to bring the skills and
experience needed to support our plans for growth.
Responsibility for investigating and identifying repairs to customer medical treatment systems; Performing periodic product servicing; Maintenance of service/repair test equipment; Ensuring the smooth and timely completion of service/repairs and contributing to process improvements.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Service Technician will work as part of the Business Engineering team developing and introducing innovative new medical treatment systems, with particular focus upon the processes and equipment needed for ease of servicing and repair. The Service Technician will work closely with Customer Support and Quality personnel to provide an exemplary customer experience.
As a medical devices company, certified to ISO 13485, accuracy of documentation is essential for all activities with consideration of quality and risk management throughout.
Servicing & Repair:
- Performing periodic product servicing and maintenance.
- Performing minor product repair activities, or coordination of larger repair activities with the Companies manufacturing partner.
- Communicating service and repair status effectively to the Customer Support Lead, who is the direct contact to the customer.
- Conducting electronics debug activities for customer return units with support from electronics design engineers and product development technicians. Test and measurement of electronics and systems using engineering tools (including oscilloscope, DMM, Hi-pot tester, temperature calibrators).
- Build, verification and maintenance of test fixtures for use in product servicing/repair.
- Service area maintenance and improvement, including equipment specification, maintenance and calibration.
- Travel to the Companies manufacturing partner in Edinburgh as required to support servicing activities.
- Supporting QA investigations relating to processes, manufacturing or customer returns.
- Documenting fault-finding/root cause analysis for customer return units.
- Supporting QA through service area inventory control.
- Working with the product development team to introduce and streamline the processes and equipment needed for new product servicing, repair and maintenance.
- Define the maintenance requirements of test fixtures and equipment used in service or repair.
- Generating and introducing product disassembly, repair and servicing documentation in compliance with quality standards.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an energetic, passionate, self-starter with a positive disposition and someone who will relish a working environment which is focused on growth and the changes needed to deliver it.
Some of the key skills you'll bring are:
- HND in Electronics/Electrical Engineering with a proven track record in an engineered product environment.
- Hands-on approach - the role will suit an individual with practical skills who is comfortable in the debug and repair of electronic systems including basic soldering and crimping, system assembly and minor mechanical modifications using common hand tools.
- Previous experience in the support of product development of hi-tech electronic products.
- A customer-centric approach focused upon customer satisfaction. Takes pride in providing the best possible customer experience and to a high standard of quality.
- Ability to travel to the Companies subcontract manufacturer in Edinburgh as required (typically 1day per week). Clean driving licence.
- Experienced in reading technical drawings, circuit schematics and test procedures.
- Competent computer skills, including use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- High standard of communication and written skills required. As this role involves working with multiple departments and recording investigation and servicing activities, fluency and accuracy is essential.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated sector such as Medical Devices (ISO13485) or life sciences is an advantage.
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary, Benefits
Clear Pathway for development and progression
Opportunity to be part of a business with rapid expansion across the Globe.