Shift Electrical Engineer
New Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer Continental shift pattern.
Large manufacturing business, based near Barnsley, Heavy Manufacturing.
About Our Client
Based near Barnsley (S. Yorkshire), my client is a large manufacturing business which operates a lean manufacturing function. Due to early retirement my client is now seeking an additional Shift Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Engineer to join their growing team. This will be based at the engineering and manufacturing facility in Barnsley.
Reporting into the Maintenance Team Leader, based at the S. Yorkshire site as the Shift Electrical Engineer your main responsibilities will include:
- Assess the root cause of any faults with factory equipment and repair accordingly whilst suggesting improvements for longer term solutions.
- Repair faults efficiently to ensure the factory returns to full production promptly.
- Report all breakdowns according to company policy.
- Plan and complete all Preventative Maintenance work.
- Work to drawings and manuals to adjust and repair factory equipment.
- Ensure that KPI's are achieved.
- Undertake any training when required.
- Liaise with various internal departments to ensure smooth running.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Flexible working hours to meet production or maintenance deadlines.
- Work shift rotation which include 4days and 4nights.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Electrical based apprenticeship or equivalent qualification
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineer ideal
- 17th Edition
- Extensive Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to multitask and PLC Fault Find with strong attention to detail
- Candidates must be flexible as the shift rotation does include Days and Nights, 12 hours.
What's on Offer
Salary is £30,000 to £35,000.