Shift Electrical Technician
About Our Client
My client is a leading manufacturer within it's field. It employs almost 2000 staff across its multiple locations and has a diverse product range allowing it to meet the needs of its loyal customer base.
It has invested heavily in creating an efficient manufacturing proposition giving it tremendous economies of scale and the ability to meet every growing market demand.
As a Shift Electrical Technician you will maintain the site electrical plant and equipment to ensure the efficient and safe working of the plant. Your responsibilities will include;
- Carry out preventative maintenance and installation of new equipment as required.
- Attend plant breakdowns and assist the mechanical technician with his shift duties.
- Respond to and act upon the fault reporting system.
- Works closely with mechanical technicians, process operators, shift/team leaders, senior technicians, software technician, engineering stores, health & safety co-ordinator, production manager and engineering manager to ensure the sites targets and objectives are achieved.
The Successful Applicant
The Shift Electrical Technician will have a proven track record of Electrical Maintenance from within a Manufacturing or Process Environment.
- Working knowledge of industrial installations and control systems
- The ability to fault find and test automated machinery
- Knowledge of AC and DC drives and PLC's preferably Siemens S7
- Experience in electronics and instrumentation would be advantageous
- To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
What's on Offer
c£35,956 including shift allowance plus overtime potential and further benefits