Market Leading Business
Great opportunity to progress
About Our Client
Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer
- To ensure the Company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- Maintain knowledge of all spare parts on site for plant.
- To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company's written standards.
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
- All activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies.
- To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business
- Problem solving/analytical ability
- Self motivated
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, possibly including night shift
- Must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the role (e.g. mechanical or electrical C&G)
- Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades
- Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems
What's on Offer
The role is paying up to £34,000 + Package