About Our Client
CLEAN is the UK division of Alsco and is the UK's leading independent laundry company with over 130 years' experience in providing professional linen and workwear rental services. On the Linen side CLEAN serve mainly the hotel and hospitality sector and on the workwear side we service all sectors with uniform requirements including catering, food manufacturing, engineering and automotive all the way to pharmaceuticals and restaurants.
Clean Linen Services Ltd, was founded in 1886 as Maidenhead District Laundry Company. Today, CLEAN has an outstanding reputation, built on quality and efficiency, and its 1,450 employees provide service to over 5,500 customers across England.
As the Shift Engineer you will be part of a multi-skilled engineering team working on electro-mechanical equipment. You will be an instrumental in ensuring continued efficiency improvement through PPM initiatives & fault resolution.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Electrical & mechanical fault finding; effective fault diagnosis and repair for all plant and equipment on site
- Maintain effective communication with all relevant departments regarding progress on repairs and Maintenance requests
- Ensure all departments are kept informed when maintenance tasks are taking place in their departments
- Understands operational needs and ensure that engineering activity on site is carried out effectively and efficiently for both breakdown repairs and planned maintenance activity
- Ensures standards are maintained for all work carried out and appropriate records completed and signed-off
- Carries out repairs effectively and efficiently with minimal disruption to operational running (escalating to the General Manager and Site Engineering Manager as required)
- Ensures that all expected standards are maintained (eg, Health and Safety, engineering standards, uniform, PPE, behaviour, etc).
- Takes responsibility for maintaining the appropriate standards of housekeeping and hygiene in their work area.
- Identify opportunities of improvement that will benefit the system function in terms of performance, safety, efficiency and provide a cost benefits
- Understands the KPIs for production and focuses on delivering engineering support to the site team that ensures production levels are maintained
- Ensures all equipment operates to the required outputs through effective execution of repair and preventative maintenance activity
- Ensures effective use of inventory and spares (liaising with the Site Engineering Manager on any potential issues)
- Gets involved with continuous improvement activity and lean initiatives as required
- Ensuring all engineering activity both breakdown and maintenance, is carried out in a timely and effective manner
- Reviews plant performance with the shift production team and ensures that all equipment is working to the appropriate targets
- Ensures any engineering maintenance activity is carried out in line with production demands
- Supports the Site Engineering Manager in ad-hoc project work and tasks as required on any CLEAN site
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK TO A ROTATING SHIFT PATTERN WHICH INCORPORATES A LATE & NIGHT SHIFT ONCE A MONTH
The Successful Applicant
A Maintenance/Multi-Skilled Engineer & have the following:
- Ideally formally recognised engineering qualifications/training
- Fault finding experience in an electromechanical environment (mechanical/electrical/control skills), with a control bias.
- Experience in a high speed/volume manufacturing or production-type environment
- The ability to work independently and make informed, firm decisions
- The ability to work under pressure
- Is a team player and can work effectively with other engineers on site
What's on Offer
Â£33,000 + Benefits