A market leading, fast growing manufacturing business
Shift leader required to drive and develop performance on site
About Our Client
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Reporting into the Production Leader, your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identify needs for training and development of shift operators through Personal Development reviews and plans.
- Liaising with the HR & Production Leader, create shift skills matrices and training plans to create autonomy in the shift.
- Ensure all procedures are followed always and aligned with the business.
- Have the ability through your technical background to learn, understand and become competent in the manufacturing processes of all equipment to make decisions and influence action to improve safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan and implement improvements to exceed targets with operators & support staff. Participates in small projects to drive improvement.
- All aspects of production including interface with maintenance, planning, support, purchasing, etc.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- A proven track record of working in a manufacturing environment with demonstrable leadership experience and developing a team (in Engineering or Operations)
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Worked in and led activities of TPM or similar continuous improvement methodologies
What's on Offer
£competitive + pension, bonus
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.