- Fantastic Company and working environment!
- Currently growing and expanding their operations.
About Our Client
This company, based in the Norfolk area, are a leading food manufacturer with an international presence and they are in the midst of executing an exciting growth strategy. As the Shift Production Manager you will be instrumental in ensuring they continue to meet customer expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity & a chance to add value to the site. As the Shift Production Manager you will be key to ensuring consistency within the production department function & support in driving it forward. You will be creating a culture through empowering a continuous improvement mind-set & utilising change management to increase profit and quality of service.
- Manage and leads organised Continuous Improvement
- Use appropriate leadership and behavioural styles to empower, involve and engage teams
- Create plans with the Training team to ensure the teams members are developed for the future and increase the performance
- Review core training / competency requirements against agreed training plans / frameworks
- Conducting appropriate Development Review meetings (PDR) of all production team members.
- Monitor & communicates changes in company policies and procedures
- Work closely with HR to recruit new team members
- Develop team via regular coaching and mentoring, training and leadership by example
- Manage and Control Labour and Materials performance
- Review use of SOPs for all tasks
- Implement production KPIs aligned with business objectives
- Drive cost savings through efficient use of resources at their disposal.
- Deliver an agreed saving in controllable costs year on year versus the pro-rata increase/decrease in factory volumes
- Deliver agreed financial targets
- Set targets for Zones, review performance targets
- Ensure efficient operation and control of site resources and make best use of skills v production priorities
- Have an awareness of daily service levels for area of responsibility and a plan to achieve required service levels within the agreed timeframe
- Develop site ownership, aiming to increase site utilisation and performance
- Review daily changeovers and downtime and action where necessary
- Utilise staff across the site & assigns the correct skills to support priority plants
- Track effects of improvement projects through monthly meetings
- Support CAPEX proposals in line with safety, OEE, and quality improvements, with a view to reduce operating costs
- Improve performance and reduce waste in their area through monthly meetings
- Ensure investigations in to breakdowns get to root cause of the issue and action to eliminate
- Implement and sustain best practice, standard settings and food safety, quality and GMP across the site
- Implement a sustainable plan of continuous improvement sustainability
- Review and implement all legislative and ethical standards with regard to HSE, food hygiene and staff management.
- Undertakes safety audits, on a scheduled basis
- Lead accident investigations to determine root causes, and implement corrective actions
- Understand the risk that they are responsible for and ensure that the control measures are in place to manage them.
THIS IS 4 OFF ON 4 OFF DAYS POSITION (6am to 6pm).
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have had prior experience as a Production/Shift Production Manager managing a sizeable team within a food manufacturer and the following:
- Experience & knowledge of lean manufacturing practice
- Minimum Managing Safely (IOSH) accredited
- Knowledge of planning & proven capability of delivering against operations KPIs
- Ideally Knowledge of GMP
- Environmental awareness
- Ideally professional qualification of ILM level 5
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Willing to to work Continental Day Shift Pattern.
What's on Offer
The chance to be part of a highly regarded company.
- Circa £50,000 per Annum (Negotiable)
- Pension matched to 5%.
- Life Assurance.
Please contact Natalie Hudson at Michael Page Birmingham.