- The client is an exciting start-up manufacturing business
- The Shift Operations Manager will work a 12hr mix of days and nights
About Our Client
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, they believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
Are you up for the challenge?
The Shift Operations Manager will work in Doncaster and will:
- Ensure that the team adhere to safe working practices and good housing keeping
- Health and safety training for direct reports and accident investigations as required.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Food Safety and Legislation requirements.
- Always maintain audit compliance standards and promote a proactive quality culture within the department.
- Successfully promote and implement company driven change initiatives
- Achieve team objectives through the implementation of key results areas (KRA's). Ensure team members have a clear understanding and are provided with the necessary resource to deliver against these.
- To identify and implement performance uplift within the Manufacturing department across all areas through Team driven initiatives and projects.
- Responsible for the accurate, timely, collation and analysis of performance measurables
- Develop a highly motivated team whilst adopting an open, visible and supportive management style
- Identify training needs for the team and individuals through a skills matrix, and ensure that adequate coaching and training is provided to enhance flexibility, by following an agreed training plan. Evaluate performance levels against agreed objectives. Review and monitor progress and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure that HR Policies and Procedures are applied correctly and consistently across the team. Promote a Continuous Improvement philosophy by encouraging team participation in production initiatives, provide facilitation, support and guidance, and lead by example.
The Successful Applicant
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Strong experience within Fast moving consumer able goods market (FMCG), preferably gained in the food industry within a team orientated culture.
- Awareness of latest production initiatives and CI concepts in line with World Class Manufacturing
- Application of Health and Safety best practice and current legislative requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a high-speed volume manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience with broad working knowledge of relevant safety legislation.
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Well-practiced planning, organisation and scheduling skills.
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
- Proven financial experience and budget control.
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills, with creative thinking and analytical skills
- Drives for results, Action oriented, Problem solving, Priority Setting.
What's on Offer
The Shift Operations Manager will be offered:
- 257.5 Hours Holiday inclusive of bank holidays (equivalent of 21 - 22 shifts)
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST