Shift Operations Manager
The client is an exciting start-up manufacturing business
The Shift Operations Manager will have full autonomy of the developing the team
About Our Client
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, they believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
Are you up for the challenge?
As part of the role, the Shift Operations Manager will:
- Be accountable for and drive safe working and good house keeping practices
- Be accountable for and drive standards on food safety and legislation requirements
- Ensure the site always operates at 'audit ready' standards and promote a proactive quality culture within the team
- Promote a continuous improvement philosophy, encouraging team participation in improvement initiatives. Provide facilitation, support and guidance, and lead by example.
- Ensure that people policies and procedures are applied correctly and consistently across the team
- Achieve team objectives through the implementation of key results areas (OKR's). Ensure team members have a clear understanding and are provided with the necessary resources to deliver against these.
- To lead, the production, warehouse and fulfilment teams to improve operational metrics of such as quality, service
- Develop a highly motivated team whilst adopting an open, visible and supportive management style
- Identify training needs for the team and individuals and ensure that adequate coaching and training is provided to enhance flexibility, by following an agreed training plan
The Successful Applicant
The successful Shift Operations Manager will:
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Strong experience within the fast-moving consumer goods market (FMCG), preferably gained in the food industry within a team orientated culture
- Awareness of continuous improvement concepts and practices.
- Understanding of Health and Safety best practice and current legislative requirements
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a high-speed volume manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience with broad working knowledge of relevant safety legislation
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Well-practiced planning, organisation and scheduling skills
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
- Ideally financial and budget control experience
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills, with creative thinking and analytical skills
- Results driven and action oriented
- Problem solving skills and priority setting
What's on Offer
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST