Shift Production Engineer
4 x 11 hour day shifts Monday to Thursday
Join an industry that is growing
About Our Client
This business is part of a large well respected organisation. They are at the beginning of a journey of investment and expansion. They have a strong order book and are receiving lots of interest from some major customers. Their products are in high demand in an industry that looks set to continue to keep growing.
The Shift Production Engineer will :
- Make workplace safety the number one priority by working with all interested parties to identify and eliminate potential hazards.
- Work with the manufacturing quality team to ensure that the quality of the finished product sent to customers is paramount.
- Ensure all necessary equipment and work instructions are available and up to date to support the production schedule.
- Provide first level resolution of all equipment and process issues that occur during the shift, bringing in appropriate support as required.
- Ensure accurate production cycle times exist for all processes to aid planning.
- Record appropriate data and generate defined KPI's.
- Support the implementation and ongoing requirements of a production operator training program.
- Develop and introduce process improvements for all existing processes to ensure that cycle times are constantly being driven down.
- Support the introduction of all new products into manufacture by giving appropriate feedback to engineering and project management functions and defining the necessary production processes required.
- Generate documentation to support manufacturing (eg process flow maps, PFMEAS's, control plans) to ensure compliance and consistency of our build process.
The Successful Applicant
The Shift Production Engineer:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher level education to degree or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant experience in an appropriate industrial manufacturing environment (aerospace or automotive or similar preferred)
- Track record of successfully supporting modern manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and associated tools such as DFMA and PFMEA.
What's on Offer