Shift Production Manager
Market leading business
Help managed change within the factory
About Our Client
FMCG contract manufacturer based in Wiltshire in the South West have built a strong reputation within their industry to become an established market leader. They are a contract manufacturer with a wide range of customers developing and producing a large portfolio of high quality products. Through an excellent NPD team they create for a number of famous and successful brands. They have recently been investing heavily into their site and want an individual who can manage the on-boarding of these improvements and drive future investment. They need a strong leader who can engage the staff and create a culture continuous improvement with a "top down, bottom up" approach.
The Key responsibilities for the Shift Production Manager :
- To monitor and achieve agreed manufacturing schedules on time and in full.
- To increase productivity and efficiency with particular focus upon wastage and direct labour efficiency, including monitoring and reducing wastage through planned improvement initiatives.
- To ensure all quality systems and processes are adhered to at all times and that all manufacturing records and reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner. To initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in all areas.
- To ensure compliance with Company hygiene policies and Company Health & Safety and Environmental policies at all times. To manage overall H, S & E improvement programs within the production function.
- To review all audits including customer, external organisations, and internal ensuring prompt resolution of any issues.
- To contribute fully to the NPD process.
- To ensure all manufacturing records and reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- To full support and assist the factory line trial process.
The Successful Applicant
The Shift Production Manager will ideally gone through higher education with a degree in either engineering or science. Ideally the candidate will have experience managing complex teams of over 100 staff on multiple shift patterns in a manufacturing environment. FMCG experience is preferred but experience in a filling environment will be very beneficial. Good knowledge of health and safety , hygiene and quality standards will also be preferred.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and an opportunity to progress your career.