- An exicitng import & export shipping opportunity in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicester
- Excellent progression opportunities based in the freight & shipping sector...
About Our Client
My client is a world-leader in the high-tech manufacturing sector. You will joining one of the UK's fastest growing businesses with an appetite to train and develop you as both an individual and professional! Full training will be provided within a technical knowledge base, but shipping & freight experience is a must-have!
As a Shipping Administrator you will have a vast array of knowledge surrounding Import & Export Compliance. You will report into the Shipping Manager and cover the following responsibilities:
- To Follow up with customer and Freight Forwarders to obtaining missing documentation in a timely manner, this involves working with tight deadline. The Daily leasing with customers and carriers to check products have been delivered and the correct information has been provided and being confident in chasing and dealing with the demands of the business.
- To collect and provide the shipping documentation for Letters of Credit, leasing with internal finance, customer service and compliance teams to ensure the understanding of requirements for a letter of credit is met. Contacting and chasing the Freight Forwarders for the documentation required for the letter of credit within a timely manner to ensure we are paid before expiry of the letter of credit.
- To communicate with the Chamber of Commerce to apply for attested documents as per shipping requirements of products being shipped.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Shipping Administrator will be a specialist in the field of shipping compliance and be commutable to the wider Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire. You will also have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in import and/or export compliance, ideally within the freight-forwarding or in-house sector.
- 3+ years experience in the industry would be beneficial, ideally previously working for a forwarder.
- Commutable to Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire.
What's on Offer
- 33 days holiday
- Optional staff annual bonus of 10%