- A shipper of hazardous and CAT 1,2,4,7 goods in Newark-on-Trent!
- Excellent progression opportunities based within an in-house manufacturer...
About Our Client
The successful candidate will be joining a global industrial organisation, shipping export goods across the globe. My client are a market leader in the dangerous goods manufacturing space and require knowledge for their in-house shipments. You will be joining a fast-growing team in a business that has been trading for over 70+ years in Newark-on-Trent in Nottinghamshire.
On a daily basis the Shipping Controller will report into the Operations Director and cover the following areas of responsibility:
- Managing all shipping of import export based products from the UK and Far East. This involves monitoring, negotiating and pricing with a variety of freight forwarders and freight partners.
- Checking INCOTerms for contracts - ExWorks, FOB, CIF.
- Responsible for all customs compliance - Certificates of Origin, Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists.
- Managing key account management with high profile spend customers (in excess of £1million per annum)
- Responsibility for shipping CAT 1,2,4 and 7 dangerous goods by air, sea and road freight
- Preparing transit document and packing lists for haulier, airlines and freight forwarders.
- Prepare DGN notifications for shipping invoicing.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Shipping Controller will been an experienced member of the shipping and distribution sector. with a background in Dangerous Goods. They will either by working in-house for a distributor / manufacturer or be in the freight forwarding / shipping world. You will also have the following skills & attributes:
- 3+ year's experience within Import / Export / Shipping / Freight
- Experienced in import or export operations ideally to the Far East, Africa, USA
- Strong background in multi-modal forwarding (preference towards sea and air freight)
- Strong knowledge of customs compliance (Letter of Credit, HAWB, MAWB, Bills of Laden, Chamber of Commerce Documentation)
- Commutable to Newark-on-Trent in Nottinghamshire
What's on Offer
- £37,000-£45,000 - dependent upon experience
- 10% company bonus
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme - 5% match