- Leading Technical Distribution Business
- Leader for the Transport Function
About Our Client
Our global client are seeking a Shipping Manager to lead a team of Transport Planners in addition to overseeing the compliant, safe, and secure movement of products internationally.
The successful Shipping manager - domestic and international based in Crewe will get to:
- Oversee the compliant, safe and secure movement of products in and out of facilities in Europe.
- To negotiate and manage the contracts, performance and relationships with 3rd party logistics providers and shipping / freight partners.
- Support the wider business by driving compliance, best practice and necessary regulatory changes.
Key Responsibilities of the International Transport Manager:
- Lead a team of Transport Planners arranging both tracking of domestic and international shipments via various modes of transport
- Champion ongoing development for the transport team
- Ensure 100% Customs compliance and provide guidance to business about the same as required
- Minimising shipment costs whilst meeting specific customer needs, service and security expectations
- Overall responsibility for management of third-party service providers for current warehouses in Crewe and Europe. Support any future change requirements.
- Ensure company safety in addition to operational processes, procedures & policies are adhered to.
- Ensure global insurance and security policies are followed and any changes relayed to the team
- Assess staff performance & provide coaching / guidance to ensure maximum efficiency & high level of service, consistent with customer expectation, throughout the UK & EU.
- Provide general support and guidance on day to day activity
- Involvement at bid level for new business, ensuring Customs compliance and Transport policy is observed from that point.
- Commercial awareness of European Export & Import pricing to complete RFQs.
- Support and where necessary manage any Customs regimes such as OPR, Customs Warehouse, etc
- Provide ad hoc pricing and Customs advise to business teams
- Supervise all aspects of the daily Transport operation
- Use own initiative to make decisions relevant to your areas of control.
- Awareness of national, international and global conditions that could affect both transport costs and availability.
- Approval of shipment costs against agreed rates and services, Invoice validation
The Successful Applicant
The successful Shipping manager - domestic and international based in Crewe will have:
- Working knowledge of import/export declaration requirements: tariff; origin; valuation; CPC; etc
- Experience and evidenced understanding of Incoterms
- Experience of Customs compliance and working knowledge of current customs legislation
- IT literate in Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience of leading a team
- Able to support, motivate & coach staff to maximise individual & team performance
- Proven verbal, written, mathematical & communication skills.* Able to remain calm under pressure & deal with difficult customer conversations / internal stakeholder demands
- Able to compile & collate data and present to higher management
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport
- Experience of managing small parcel carriers
What's on Offer
The successful Shipping manager - domestic and international based in Crewe will get:£50000 to £60000 depending on experience
Generous company benefits