Site Manager - Utilities
leading Utilities provider with healthy order book
Opportunity to progress quickly
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Utilities contractor who work on numerous multi utility projects throughout the UK
They will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Manage the full delivery of construction projects in accordance with the customer's contract and timescales and the financial, quality and safety requirements of the business. Such projects would typically consist of the majority of construction work being non-complex (i.e. no Primary substation; straightforward contracts for delivery of works by third parties; etc.) on-site activity and off site point of connections.
- Deliver the programme of agreed works in line with the customer expectations whilst protecting the commercial interests, brand and reputation and adhering to internal processes, including:
- The day to day management of multi skilled operatives (both direct labour and contractors)
- Delivering the project to the highest level of safety, quality, performance and on budget.
- Ensure the job has been pre-vetted including risk assessment and liaison with land owners.
- Support the Delivery Support Team by reviewing the programme in advance, vetting materials take-offs and advising what plant is required for specific jobs.
- Manage the delivery and siting of asset plant (Switchgear / PRI's) and ensure that both operational and customer requirements are fulfilled in order to facilitate commissioning and energisation. Ensure a programme is in place for testing and commissioning these assets in advance of scheduled POC's / CSEP's.
- Work with the Delivery Manager and Operations Manager to forecast resource requirements and ensure sufficient resources are available to deliver the project. Feedback any concerns or potential resource issues in advance of the planned dates.
- Ensure that there are open lines of communication with the Central Delivery Support Team and that the team are fully informed of team holidays and training.
- Ensure that all required paperwork is completed by Direct Labour and Sub-Contract teams and that as-laid drawings are accurate and they are returned to the Central Delivery Support Team within five working days of completion.
- Ensure good communication is maintained with the Central Delivery Support Team
- Review work and evaluate performance.
- Support Operations Managers with communications and the transfer of information by attending and actively participating in monthly Tool Box Talks.
- Review work packs
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be based in the South East and will have previous Utilities experience. They will also have the following:
Craft Qualification, Apprenticeship or equivalent
NRSWA Supervisor Qualification
Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
NVQ Level 3 Supervisory
Minimum 3 years Supervisory experience
Previous man-management experience in utilities or related construction sector
- Relevant experience operating in the utility or industry
- Site Safety Training, with working knowledge of CDM Regulations, Industrial hazards and Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellent organisational planning and time management skills.
- Experience managing projects in line with CDM
- Logical thinking with creative problem solving ability and an attention to detail
- Commercial acuity and demonstrable project, financial and contract management skills
- Excellent communication, team working and customer service skills
- Good IT skills.
Health & Safety qualification including Site Safety training
IOSH, NEBOSH, CDM, etc.
NVQ Level 3 in Gas/ Water/Electricity Networks
What's on Offer
£38000 to £45000 + benefits + car + bonus