Continued to grow year on year with significant investment in to the business
Global manufacturing company with 500+ people in total situated in Chippenham
About Our Client
Wavin UK has four manufacturing sites and is the innovator of award winning polymer technologies, leading the way in creating high quality plastic piping systems. Chippenham is the biggest of the UK facilities with a head count of over 500 people with a turnover of £140 million.
Wavin is now part of Mexichem who are a global leader of products and solutions across multiple sectors from chemicals to construction, infrastructure, agriculture, healthcare, transportation, telecom and energy. Mexichem is one of the biggest producers of plastic pipes and connections worldwide and one of the largest chemical companies in Latin America. Built upon a global footprint, it employs over 22,000 people in 38 countries where it has over 120 production plants, 2 fluorite mines, 8 training academies, 16 research and development laboratories and 2 technology & innovation centers.
With over 50 years of history and more than 30 years trading on the Mexican Stock Exchange, Mexichem generates over US$7 billion per year and has a business model of vertical integration; this provides exclusive access to raw materials and proprietary technology leading to global competitiveness. As a result, Mexichem offers a broad range of value-added ingredients and finished products that contribute to customer's success and ultimately improve the quality of life for people around the world.
The role of Site Manager for Wavin is critical in the smooth running of the business. Well established and respected, Wavin is a business that continually seeks ways to improve through investment in people and infrastructure. As the Site Manager you will be instrumental in driving operational change and improvement, through your team, to ensure the very best of service to all business stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensure excellent site-wide management of HSE activities, with the focus on 'zero accidents'; safeguarding, as a minimum, common law and statutory requirements.
- Develop and implement a site strategy, that creates and sustains a genuine "world class operations environment" which services the Company's Commercial function.
- Lead, develop, coach and engage Site Management Team.
- Manage and control the site operational financial budget, ensuring efficient utilisation of all resources.
- Create and deliver year on year cost reduction projects, through the use of continuous improvement tools.
- Create a rolling three year capital expenditure plan, justifying the individual capital requests in line with Company process.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure full compliance with all Company wide quality policies, procedures, accreditations, standards, and legislation.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement throughout the site.
- Develop & maintain excellent employee relations climate through progressive employee engagement & communications initiatives.
- Negotiate wage reviews with the trade union
- Develop and manage effective relationships with internal & external customers, and suppliers
The Successful Applicant
The suitable Site Manager will be a driven individual whose management style is to develop/coach people and someone who is keen to progress within their career. They will also have:
- Strong evidence of coaching within a manufacturing site operating 24/7
- Educated to HNC/HND as a minimum but ideally degree qualified.
- Demonstrable experience of managing manufacturing operations.
- Worked within an World Class Manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience of leading teams in a pressurised and quality conscious environment.
- Strong experience in automation
- Experience of working with Trade Unions
- Passionate about customers and uncompromising regarding product quality.
- Good understanding of best practice manufacturing processes / systems.
What's on Offer
Excellent progression prospects both within the UK and globally
Competitive salary depending on experience + benefits package which will include bonus, company car, healthcare, pension.