Site Operations Manager
Kingston Upon Hull
Chemical engineer / chemist to apply only
Experience in change management
About Our Client
- To optimise overall manufacturing performance and solve longer term site problems in areas of SHE, output, efficiency, yield and quality. Problems are usually complex in terms of level of troubleshooting and links with other departments and can range from short to long term. Problems can also include taking a lead role in emergency situations.
- As the most senior manufacturing role on site, to influence all departments on site, site senior team, sales, purchasing and supply chain on manufacturing and related matters. Externally influence HSE, EA and external auditors. Communication is in various forms to many different audiences at several different levels.
- To manage the overall performance of the department including objective setting, appraisals, training, development, recognition and discipline up to and including dismissal. Direct reports will include managers, team leaders and graduates.
- To communicate, consult and negotiate with trade unions as appropriate.
- To recruit and select staff for department
- To agree and manage annual cost budget for department. This is likely to be a sizeable part of the overall site budget.
- To be accountable for all aspects of department performance including SHE, QA and customer service. Decisions can have a significant impact on site and overall business performance. Decisions are frequent and generally have final authority and also have to be made outside of normal working hours.
- May be required to deputise for Site Director.
- To align all resources in department including, people, plant, raw materials and capex to deliver overall performance which meets business needs. Planning ranges from short term to three years. Flexibility to alter plans is required.
- To take a lead role in continuously improving effectiveness of manufacturing operations including costs, people and efficiency. To develop and implement best practice.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in relevant technical discipline, membership of professional body, IOSH certificate or equivalent
- Expert on site manufacturing processes and products
- Understanding of SHE,engineering and quality regulation
- Appreciation of financial systems for cost control, product costing and site profitability
- High level of Interpersonal and negotiating skills. Ability to work under pressure
- Defining and monitoring standards
- Ability to assimilate a wide variety of information in a timely fashion and prioritise activities accordingly
What's on Offer
Please ask for further details