- Site Reliability Manager - Liverpool
- Join a highly reputable business who value IT
About Our Client
Michael Page are partnered with a reputable Financial Services Business.
- Build and manage a team of Site Reliability Engineers, ensuring their professional development and execution against the team objectives.
- Develop the low level SRE operating model for TS&W, including people, processes and tooling. This should include a 'hearts and minds' approach to effect the necessary cultural change.
- Ownership of the reliability improvement roadmaps, ensuring strategic partners and internal teams (Business Continuity, DevOps, Platforms, Service Delivery) are aligned to deliver
- Automation, process efficiency and appropriate tooling (Management and Deployment/Configurations) is utilised to reduce cycle times, and improve reliability, audit and traceability for all system deployments across multiple applications.
- Ensuring that Developers have the right environments and permissions to maximise their productivity, whilst adhering to IT Security requirements.
- Ensuring software and application design is challenged, and contribute to design in any Change/Project, ensuring it is the best it can be aligned to the constraints of the Project/Change
- Foster a culture of operational excellence and transparency by consulting with Delivery Teams/Product Owners in the adoption and monitoring of service level indicators and objectives (SLI/SLOs)
- Work with Service Delivery and other support teams to define modern operational support practices; run book development, 24/7 on-call support, incident response and post-mortem processes that make the best use of empowered engineering teams
- Define and contribute to strategic departmental objectives
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience of driving transformational change in culture/ways of working within a software/infrastructure engineering environment.
- Experience in managing SRE or Platform teams, including performance management and professional development of full stack engineers
- Strong working knowledge of the Azure ecosystem (Azure storage account, APIM, Azure functions, VNet, CDN, monitor, serverless etc) and Infrastructure as Code (preferably Terraform)
- Experience building CI/CD tooling pipelines, including automated testing, quality control and feedback loops.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in Architectural Design, Cloud Design, Capacity, Resilience, Monitoring, Network and Performance Management
- Experience and clear expertise to challenge and create credible alternative technical designs/views/solutions of Lead Technical Staff
- Experience of implementing reliability testing (pre and post deployment) and chaos engineering strategies
- Been involved in on-call support for production systems, as well as post-mortems, root cause analysis and troubleshooting activity
What's on Offer
Salary - £80,000 -£90,000
Quote job ref
+44 161 829 0365