SMCR Compliance Senior Associate
Permanent SMCR focussed role
Part of a wider compliance advisory team
About Our Client
My client is a highly recognisable brand within the insurance industry with a well developed compliance team. They are based in the City of London.
The SMCR Compliance Senior Associate will:
- Implement and oversee the operation for complying with SMCR and Conduct within the firm.
- Manage the SMCR and Conduct Frameworks on an ongoing basis, to ensure the firm operates within the regulations.
- Provide advice and guidance on specific SMCR and Conduct issues, including onboarding and remuneration.
- Work closely with other key stakeholders within the business (e.g. Legal, Risk and HR) in any SMCR and Conduct related matters.
- Play a lead role in implementation of Compliance led regulatory change projects.
- Support the development of the firm's Compliance culture.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective working relationships with the PRA and the FCA on behalf of the firm.
- Provide SMCR and Conduct training to support and develop communications to teams explaining key regulatory requirements and developments.
- Responsible for any reporting requirements in relation to SMCR and Conduct activities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of SMCR and Conduct rules and the successful implementation and operation of these frameworks.
- Previous experience working in an SMCR and Conduct role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, credibility in influencing, negotiating and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, handle a diverse range of priorities and tasks and difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Sound judgement and decision-making.
- The ability to lead project teams.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Intermediate use of Excel and Word.
What's on Offer
The role will offer up to £70,000pa + benefits.
All candidates will be assessed in line with their experience.