Global Contact Centre solutions provider expanding their Scottish offering
Newly created role to establish SOC function in UK to complement Australian team
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to be working with a leading System Integrator and Cyber Security provider who are actively growing their operations in Scotland. Their client list covers a variety of industries including Media, Entertainment, Utilities, and Airlines to name a few. Due to continued growth they are looking for a SOC Analyst to work as part of their team. The role is to transform the team and service offering to meet growing client needs.
As a managed service provider around the contact centre and unified comms space our client host a large number of client solutions that need to be operational 24x7 with High Availability under tight security. The office is based in Falkirk with the opportunity for remote working.
- Support day to day monitoring of security infrastructure through Splunk/ Nessus monitoring platforms.
- Work with internal teams and clients/ vendors to identify trends and analyse new threats.
- Promote and develop awareness for different security risks and best practices across the company ensuring the Scottish team are aware and following SOC processes.
- Run scans and report on pen testing outcomes.
- Participate in cyber security incident response process and incident investigations.
- Document information security operations policies, process and procedures
The Successful Applicant
For this role we are looking for someone with 2/3 years experience of working in a SOC environment with a strong relevant academic background.
You will possess good procedural knowledge and good tool skills. The client us Splunk and Nessus but experience in any similar tool is relevant.
You will be skilled in setting the tools up to monitor, reporting and adjusting as you find missing alerts or false alerts.
There is no need for technical skills beyond the SOC skills as you will work with an infrastructure team who will take care of this. Your role will be focused purely on the SOC aspects.
What's on Offer
A flexible working environment as part of a small team based in Falkirk. With flexible working there will be plenty of opportunity to work from home.
A competitive salary as well as comprehensive training options are on offer with this role. With the business continuing to grow and with plans to grow in the UK, this is a great opportunity for an up and coming SOC Analyst to grow their career.