Society Secretary and Director of Secretariat assistant
Remote working available
About Our Client
Working on behalf of a well known building society who are looking for a professionally qualified Chartered Secretary to help provide support to their Society Secretary and Director of Secretariat.
The key responsibilities of this role are;
- To assist the Society Secretary and Director of Secretariat in delivering a professional service, advising on a broad range of matters to support the Board and Executive in meeting their duties, compliance obligations and objectives.
- To provide a full company secretarial service to the Society Board, Committees and subsidiary undertakings including advising on and implementing appropriate governance standards
- To ensure that best practice standards are consistently applied and maintained across the Society
The Successful Applicant
What's the essential measurable experience and skills required to do this job?
- Professionally qualified Chartered Secretary ( ACIS or above) or equivalent qualification eg solicitor, chartered accountant or working towards such qualification within a reasonable timeframe.
- Practical knowledge and experience of company law and secretarial practice gained in an organisation of a similar size and scale to Nationwide.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to listed companies
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape in which the Society operates
- In-depth understanding of governance requirements for mutual and corporates and ability to apply the same in a pragmatic manner
- A sufficient understanding of the subject matter considered by the Board/Committees/Subsidiaries supported to ensure the production of accurate, concise and comprehensive and minutes are maintained.
- Good relationship building skills and ability to influence at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written tailored to the required audience
- Appropriate IT skills; working knowledge of Blueprint OneWorld, Diligent and standard business software including Outlook, Word and Excel
What's on Offer
3 months contract
Mostly remote working however may be required to travel to the office in Swindon if needed