South East England
Outside of IR35
About Our Client
Central Government body
- Demonstrate the breadth, depth and a track record of technical expertise working with networked Distributed Simulation Environment to generate a complete Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) capability.
- Demonstrate following technical competencies: C++ and C# programming; VBS3 developer including the plug-ins; Carmenta Engine developer; Build required interface plug-ins/converters; Generate a Distributed Simulation Environment via Distributed Interactive Simulation standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of systems architecture, particularly a network of software and emulators.
- Use technical expertise to implement the Data Distribution Service (DDS) OMG standard middleware and configure the data flow requirements via this protocol.
- Demonstrate in their bid a clear technical plan, methodology, evidence based approach and scope of work that would lead to the requirements being achieved.
- Demonstrate experience in SADM, ODIN and NEREUS from a user's perspective but able to configure external interfaces to network these software.
- Demonstrate experience in VBS3 and CARMENTA ENGINE SDK from a developer's perspective.
- Demonstrate previous experience in developing operator GUIs for decision making HMI experiments.
- Demonstrate previous experience working in project to network different modelling and simulation software to generate a Distributed Simulation Environment.
- Demonstrate previous experience working in a project where applications of a P2P Publish/Subsribe style middleware was implemented.
- Take responsibility for their work and use tools available in the organisation to record and report the work
The Successful Applicant
- * Work as a team with different elements of the organisation and other external suppliers and stakeholders
- * Take responsibility to identify technical development work when required.
- * Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions.
- * Capable of providing clear explanations of the work to non-specialist staff.
- * Have an agile and flexible mindset towards the software development technical work.
What's on Offer
12 Month Contract