Software Test Engineer
Work for an exciting and global manufactruing & production company in Leicester
Work upon a broad range of different software inc. embedded, web, desktop etc
About Our Client
This Leicester based Manufacturing and Production company designs and manufactures a range of pressure sensors and instrumentation products.
As a Software Test Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical software engineering solutions
- Ensuring requirements are translated correctly into cohesive verification solutions.
- Experience of verifying embedded firmware with or without an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#) test cases
- Verification of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
- Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:
o Embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.
o Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux).
o Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc)
o Desktop software (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio)
- Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
- Experience Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry standard software (e.g. Cantata, CppUnit, LDRA)
- Instrumentation and stubbing of code to enable unit testing.
- Software programming language experience (C/C++).
- Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
- Experiencing of automated software testing techniques and Continuous Integration.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Leicester based Software Test Engineer will have:
- Solid commercial experience using SW verification techniques, and reviews
- Verification of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
- Experience of testing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
- Knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
- Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
- Time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
- Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
- Experience with Change and Configuration tools
- Work within an Agile development environment
What's on Offer
The salary that is on offer for the successful Leicester based Software Test Engineer is up to £40,000.