- Award-winning provider of legal tech and software
- Young, dynamic and rapidly growing group company with an international presence
About Our Client
- Young, dynamic and award-winning software developer/legal tech company.
- With their UK HQ in London Waterloo, they also have locations in the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
- Their software provides support and services in conveyancing and commercial matters.
- Clients include some of the world's largest companies and law firms.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the companies conduct its business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing legal counsel, training and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Advises and assist with dispute resolution, internally and externally
- Implementing a legal compliance program to help ensure the businesses are appropriately educated on the requirements of the internal governance system and applicable GDPR and FCA regulations.
- Review drafts, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of commercial agreements and contracts.
- Review, draft, amend, and proof-reading a wide variety of corporate policies and documents.
- Develop and manage dispute resolution strategies for and on behalf of the company including management of all litigation filed against or on behalf of the companies, work with the appropriate executive(s) to define scope of claims and/or strategic defences and negotiate and approve settlements.
- Oversees the retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel.
The Successful Applicant
- Law Degree or equivalent tertiary legal qualifications
- Hold an England and Wales Law Society Practising Certificate
- Outstanding legal advisory and contract review and management skills
- Proven leadership and management experience
- An ability to deal at the highest corporate level and to maintain effective working relationships
- Proven ability to provide effective, sensible and strategic legal advice to senior stakeholders
- Strong commercial focus with the ability to provide practical, commercial and regulatory advice and support to the business to manage its legal risk
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of GDPR as you will be expected to oversee the management of all these queries and the companies have the appropriate documentation in place. Also, responsible for confirming the responses to customers
- Exposure to FCA regulations will be helpful, but not a prerequisite
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Share option scheme
- Flexible working
Quote job ref
+44 207 269 2497