- Lead and take accountability for architecture and design across the organisation
- Salesforce.com, AWS, Azure, Snowflake, Databricks, Tableau
About Our Client
A well established organisation with an envious client base. They are well backed financially (private equity) and are on a very exciting growth trajectory. A superb opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect!
Reporting directly to the Group CTO, you can expect to have a big say in the work you get involved in. Alongside the other architects, you'll be empowered to look across the change landscape and understand where you can add the most value. You'll use your skills and expertise to help enable the delivery high-quality products and solutions that are aligned to the ongoing business objectives, without the need to get bogged down in excessive red tape or governance processes.
You'll be encouraged to work with technical and business colleagues right across the organisation, at all levels, to really get a grasp on the challenge at hand and work out the best approach. This could be anything from assisting an engineer with a specific piece of functionality, to defining the greenfield architecture stack for a new product, and everything in between.
This is a hugely varied position with a wide remit, but on a day-to-day basis you can expect to do the following core activities:
- Lead and take accountability for architecture and design across the organisation; be it designs that you are producing yourself, are supporting others to produce, or are being presented to you for review
- Understand the ongoing goals of the business, and help evolve a target architecture and roadmap that will gets us to where we need to be, as well as a set of standards and principles that will act as guard rails to keep us going in the right direction
- Help define an architecture governance approach that sets us up for success as the business continues to grow at pace, one that balances the need to deliver quality and innovation at pace whilst keeping cost and risk in check
- Maintain an outward-looking industry view to keep abreast of new technologies and trends that we could leverage
- Coach and guide engineering teams towards maintaining an end-to-end mindset, and owning the full solutions they are building
- Advocate the need to always consider non-functional requirements, and provide any support required to ensure they're well-defined
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience of leading on complex enterprise solution designs that span multiple domains / platforms / products
- Ability to produce a variety of architectural artefacts as the need arises, based on what will best fit the circumstances and the target audience
- Exposure to a range of different architecture frameworks, methods, and tooling, and a view of how and when these could be leveraged
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Deep understanding of integration patterns and approaches e.g. microservices, APIs, event-driven, pub/sub, streaming etc.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of information security
- Prior involvement in any bulk data migration would be desirable
- Experience working with multiple styles of SDLC is a big benefit, but any exposure to an agile-at-scale methodology and / or a strong culture of DevOps would be ideal
From a technology perspective, you'll ideally have knowledge and experience across a large array of different platforms. Below are some the key technologies our client uses, so experience in any of these will be of particular benefit:
- Salesforce (incorporating Sales, Service, Field Service, Financialforce etc.)
- AWS and Azure (as well as many of the managed products the two vendors provide)
- Snowflake, Databricks, Tableau
- DBT, Fivetran, Jitterbit
- Various database platforms including SQL Server and MySQL
What's on Offer
- £90,000 Salary
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work,
- Gym membership discount,
- Childcare vouchers,
- The opportunity to purchase extra leave,
- Pension contributions and more.