- Software architecture in Microservices/Servelress
- Typescript/Node.JS - GoLang
About Our Client
Solution Architect. Full Remote Working. IOT Client.
The client is a privately held business that operates in UK, US, India, and Turkey. Through annual investment in R&D, talent acquisition and strategic partnerships they go to market via cloud services in three business units which specialise in Security, Retail & Education.
Operating in a fully remote environment, the client has assembled a team of world-class engineers, architects to develop state of the art IoT SAAS products that is taking the world by storm.
As the Solution Architect, you will have the overall ownership and responsibility for all software architectural design and engineering solutions. You will also play a leading role in developing and implementing software solutions for group-wide products.
This role has a key responsibility to support the executive strategy decisions with technical innovation and technology status reporting.
As a key member of the Engineering Management team your role is to ensure the Engineering group is structured and organized effectively to deliver on the requirements of the business and our customers. You will also play a key role in the mentoring, management, and growth of our Software Engineers.
The role will include:
- Architect, Design, Develop and Execute software solutions to address business needs.
- Interact with stakeholders to identify and elaborate requirements such that implementation is specified and achievable.
- Analyse existing software solutions and find ways to improve or rework them to meet targets.
- Own the software architecture and design within the organization including its documentation, explanation and ensure that it is up to date with implementation.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for architectures, designs and implementation.
- Lead the strategic technical direction of the software products and associated tools.
- Drive the collaboration and integration with other teams including:
- Product Specification (product, design, hardware, quality, support, etc.)
- Developers - Sounding board for developers and part of the review process as appropriate.
- Contribute towards strategy decisions and propose technological innovations that are aligned with the business needs and Engineering goals.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
- Candidates will have a degree in a technical discipline and at least 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Previous Development Experience, 8+ years with Cloud or embedded systems.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Experience in technically designing and creating complex systems that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies.
- Experience with analysis, design, implementation, and migration of complex databases.
- Experience with the cloud architecture: design and implementation.
- Experience scaling cloud applications to meet the demands of a growing product.
The environment is AWS and core languages used are typescript/NodeJS and GoLang
Any of the below will carry a distinct advantage:
- Experience with appliance and IoT (Internet of Things) software architecture.
- Experience in the GNU development tools and environment (gcc, gdb, make).
- Experience in IP (Internet Protocol) network protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), IPv6).
- Experience in video streaming technologies (S/RTSP, WebRTC (Web Real Time Capabilities), MPEG-Dash).
- Experience with video-based analytics and algorithms.
- Experience in debugging of cloud and embedded / IoT systems.
- Experience delivering SaaS (Software as Service) products.
- Experience delivering IoT products.
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) technologies.
What's on Offer
In return you will be given a superb base and page with a fully remote and technology focussed environment where creating and providing innovative solutions to complex problems will be a regular occurrence.
CVs are under review now!