- opportunity to drive value out of supply chain through strategic sourcing
- Work for successful business with a growth mindset
About Our Client
Our client are a fast-paced consumable product business who sell and distribute a range of workwear, PPE and safety equipment to a well established client base in Scotland and the UK. Values driven with a strong customer service focus they have recently realigned the company vision and five year strategy. With ambition to secure increased market share and increased profitability to achieve year on year growth they now require the services of a commercially astute Procurement Manager to take responsibility for sourcing and procuring relevant stock based products with a focus on delivering cost savings and efficiency's whilst ensuring stock meets customer demand.
The Procurement Manager will undertake a key role in the business by delivering strategic sourcing and effective supplier management identifying opportunities to deliver cost savings across the portfolio of goods for resale. The post holder will undertake responsibility for the development and delivery of new sourcing strategies, processes and objectives for team members with a focus on increasing profitability.
You will undertake a review of current supply to assess capability and implement strategic supply sourcing initiatives to identify new routes to supply implementing contracts. Leverage efficiency's and enable the company to meet the demand of its customers while liaising with various stakeholders to ensure accuracy in your forecasting demand to maintain maximum supply chain effectiveness.
You will provide weekly department reports to the Directors EA and attend weekly manager meetings and any other meetings or projects that assist in the development of the business. Utilise ERP system to manage stock control and order fulfilment in ensuring accuracy in records.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role should have the following experience:
- Practical Experience in developing and delivering strategic plans for a procurement department with a focus on cost saving and best practice
- Experience of developing new sources of supply of goods for resale
- Ability to strategic offshore supplier partnerships including researching & sourcing new products across product categories to meet future demands
- Ability to develop and implement supplier SLA's to maintain good working relationships
- Negotiating pricing that is best available cost and value and meets business sustainability objectives
- Ensure requested sourcing projects & tenders are managed and responded to promptly & accurately in order to facilitate growth
- Able to communicate effectively within your department and across the company and our partners.
- Ability to develop a team capability though establishing and implementing KPI's and performance reviews
- Commercially astute
- Driven & ability to deliver on projects
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Multi-tasking & prioritisation
- Product & market knowledge
- Negotiation & Sourcing skills
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
What's on Offer
To be part of a progressive business where you will have autonomy to manage your function in a transparent environment where the management team encourage openness and honesty and opportunity for development. Competitive package, 31 days holiday and private pension scheme.