Sourcing Project Manager
Wonderful company to work for - highly successful with a fantastic culture
Looking for a purchasing, sourcing or supply planning skillset with NPD/projects
About Our Client
My client are a wonderful company to work for, very stable and part of a much larger parent organisation. They are a global market-leader providing both branded and own-brand ambient products into the retail industry; they do own a number of their own manufacturing sites as well as some outsourcing to 3rd parties.
The Sourcing Project Manager role based at the Peterborough site is a new role to support the Sourcing/Procurement team and will be accountable for the delivery of sourcing projects, as well as Marketing led initiatives which could include supplier transfer, cost out and NPD.
- Responsible for working cross functionally with the business as well as supply base to understand all business risk, these would include, reputation risk, ethical and financial.
- The function owner for Risk within the Sourcing function, ensuring all supplier meet our requirements. All risks are to be reviewed quarterly and findings shared with Head of Sourcing.
- Build strong relationships across the business to ensure that all essential criteria are communicated, and objectives are met.
- Act as core liaison for all project activities with 3rd Party Supply Base - driven from Marketing needs as well as departmental continuous improvement plans for all categories.
- Strong communication skills and working closely with the project teams, ensuring milestones are clear and issues are raised early and resolved at pace. Ensure all projects are delivered within time frame and cost.
- Arrange and oversee trials to support the development and launch of projects with the aim of being right first time.
- Coordinate the artwork and repro process for projects liaising with our artwork and repro house as well as suppliers to ensure the print specs are understood and optimal print performance is achieved.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Sourcing Project Manager role will need to be able to work at pace, break down complex problems and barriers when needed. Strong communication skills are vital and a strong stakeholder management orientation.
The candidate will ideally have worked in a food manufacturing or food retail environment, and have a background in Purchasing, Supply Planning or something similar.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered the chance to work for an incredible company, alongside a competitive salary and package including a £5000 car allowance/car.