A newly created role to develop sourcing strategies
Manufacturing - Chesterfield
About Our Client
Our client, based in Chesterfield, can be easily accessed from Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield. They have experienced strong growth over the last decade and with new customers engaging over the next few months this growth looks set to continue.
The manufacturing process within this business is highly technical so ideally candidates for this position of Sourcing Specialist will have experience within aerospace, automotive, electronics or engineering sectors.
The key responsibilities of this Sourcing Specialist will include:
- Purchasing and Procurement of raw materials and subcontracted items
- Developing purchasing strategy - cost, delivery, SRM and supplier performance
- Strong communication with the expediting / supply planning team
- Cross-functional work with the engineering teams
- Driving strategy for procurement within NPD
- Working collaboratively with the Supply Chain Manager to achieve the goals of the function
The Successful Applicant
Ideally the successful individual for this role of Sourcing Specialist will:
- Live within a commutable distance of Chesterfield
- Have tangible examples of achievements within a strategic procurement position
- Be able to work autonomously
- Hold experience within a technical manufacturing environment; aerospace, automotive, electronics or engineering
- Be comfortable in managing a high number of suppliers and skus.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £50,000 DOE