Special Projects Manager
Great opportunity to have a unique impact in the NHS
Project Manage commercial and innovate projects globally
About Our Client
The Commercial Directorate within Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust (the Trust) is responsible for making profits that go directly back into our NHS Clinical Services. This allows the Trust to diversify its income away from core NHS funding streams as well as to enhance our clinical, educational and research expertise. The Commercial Directorate has a wide portfolio of activities including private patients, international healthcare, intellectual property and commercial research, commercial education, NHS business development and retail services. The Commercial Directorate EXCLUDES the Trust procurement function.
The key focuses for the Special Projects Manager are:
- To be a leading commercial expert within the commercial team and the Trust.
- To ensure the provision of commercial leadership and support that meets the needs of the Commercial Directorate objectives and the wider Trust.
- To contribute to the strategic and operational direction of the commercial team.
- To develop and maximise relationships with external partners, developing and delivering commercial opportunities that deliver high quality services and additional revenue and profit into the Trust.
- To be a leading respondent to new internal and external commercial opportunities, assessing them and providing an evidence based due diligence of their commercial potential for decision at the Commercial Board.
- To be the Senior Responsible Officer for identified and agreed projects of importance.
- To provide financial and business intelligence to a range of stakeholders as required.
- To be an ambassador for the commercial directorate and in develop and maintain relationships across the breadth of junior and senior staff within the organisation to the highest standards.
- To be a leading commercial expert in an organisation of £1.5 billion income ensuring the provision and delivery of a commercial service that is responsive and professional.
- To ensure that the implementation of the commercial strategy is underpinned by a first-class commercial function that ensures the successful delivery of the commercial portfolio.
- To provide innovative ideas and approaches that constantly challenge the Trust on its traditional approaches to commercial projects provided they comply with the statutory requirements of the Trust and its regulatory framework.
- To manage highly complex projects within a fast-changing commercial environment and with multiple stakeholder engagement.
- To support the Head UK Business Development in preparing the business and financial plans for the UK Business Development team.
- To make commercial judgements, including making recommendations where there is no precedent within the current organisation at Guy's and St Thomas'.
- To support the development and enhancement of corporate policies to ensure that they are fit for purpose and provide an appropriate and legal framework for delivering commercial activity.
- To work effectively with and efficiently instruct external subject matter experts including professional advisors so as to optimise the commercial approach the Trust may take.
- To contribute, on an ongoing basis, to the refresh
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be able to clearly define their approach to each of a wide number of areas that can clearly impact on and deliver success across the aforementioned areas.
It is critical to be able to display a passion for and a experience in the healthcare and/or innovation area.
You will want to have a major impact in the delivery of healthcare in the UK through identifying and defining successful routes to revenue generation as well as building lasting relationships.
What's on Offer
The genuine potential to make a real difference and to also build a career are on offer, in conjunction with competitive salary and benefits packages.