Global Electronics Manufacturing Company
Market leading and rapidly expanding company
About Our Client
Our client is a leading innovative manufacturing company and the market leader in its field.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQA Engineer) supports to the organization by providing experience in quality assurance to suppliers for future projects and current production. You are responsible for implementing, controlling and documenting systems and procedures that will ensure quality and efficiency of the products and services purchased by the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement strategies with suppliers of the "Commodity" to meet the standards of quality-measure, control and improve quality in plant performance trends. (Weekly meetings).
- Solution of plant quality issues and the assigned suppliers-related customer complaints.
- Be prepared to manage a team in the future when the quality / SQA department grows.
- Provide SQA support to R & D, engineering and manufacturing on changes and improvements of design processes.
- Implement policies and procedures of SQA to ensure good manufacturing practices with designated suppliers, and regulatory requirements are met for products manufactured by the supplier.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electronic, Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in Geometric Tolerances, troubleshooting techniques (8Ds, 5Why, Ishikawa etc), advanced statistics (interpret control charts, graphics XR ability studies), improvement of processes with suppliers, management of suppliers (negotiation, communication).
- Desirable Knowledge: ISO 9001, Project management, Electronic knowledge, or experience in injection moulding, automotive or medical device manufacturing - or any other manufacturing sector with strict quality controls.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
- Results and people oriented with sound judgement - ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player - able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Customer focused
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally
What's on Offer
£40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits and an excellent career development programme.