SSAS Tabular Developer - Power BI
Use your Power BI expertise to support a Power BI project within the NHS.
Opportunity to provide Business Intelligence Solutions in a cloud environment.
About Our Client
My client is a London based Public Sector and Government health-care organisation.
My client - a London based Public Sector and Government health-care organisation is looking for a SSAS Tabular Developer - Power BI to engage in the following:
- Work alongside the existing Data Warehouse and Reporting Solutions team to support creation of core Business Intelligence Solutions from Cloud and On Prem Data Warehouses to be used by Power BI Service
- Support data model creation, testing, documentation and scheduled refreshes of data flows based upon customer requirements that are efficient and flexible in their usage and communicating functional and technical issues
- Designing and creating report templates for distribution and establishing role level security methodologies for governance and managed content control of sensitive data
- To specify and develop solutions that will automate, schedule and improve upon current processes within the Health-care Analytics team
- To ensure thorough documentation and change control processes are in place, accessible and maintained for all department processes and developments
- Documentation of data dictionary and making sure to keep up to date with any developments
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements
- Sound understanding of BI Best Practices/Methodologies, relational structures, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL and Business Objects/Power BI development
- Ability to collaborate in a team with BI report development and business analyst resources, and clearly communicate
The Successful Applicant
To be consider for the SSAS Tabular Developer - Power BI role at my Public Sector and Government site in London, the candidate must present evidence of the following:
- Hands on experience in relational and multi-dimensional data modelling, including multiple source systems from databases and flat files, and the use of standard data modelling tools.
- Power BI experience with emphasis on creation of data models and data flows with implementation of row level and role level security to uphold governance on sensitive information.
- Establishment and understanding of Power BI data flows and data shaping with experience of transforming data with power query and use of M to clean and investigate the data for errors or loss of data.
- Experience of creating measures using DAX and visuals as well as the use of bookmarks and buttons to produce interactive and highly analytical reports to give insights to users.
- An understanding of outpatient data is desirable.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work remotely while COVID restrictions remain in place.
Rate offered is £200-240 per day INSIDE IR35.