£40,000 - £45,000
12 month FTC
About Our Client
This is a 12 month fixed term contract role with a strong potential to develop in to a permanent position.
You will be responsible for:
- The review and production of annual financial statements for active EMEA companies, including liaison with external auditors during the course of their annual audit. Preparation of annual company files, backing up disclosed numbers in the financial statements.
- Corporation tax and deferred tax calculations for group reporting and agreeing to local returns.
- Controlling the Hub processing of quarterly tax provisions and reporting for various European companies, including group tax reporting using one-source.
- Technical accounting query resolution and ad-hoc investigations/analysis as and when required.
- Preparation and control of legal entity quarterly forecasts for allocated countries and companies.
- Production of monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory and governmental reports.
- Produce sub consolidated financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for controllers and local management.
- Liaison with local service providers (e.g. EY) with a view to completion of local regulatory returns, such as VAT.
- Assisting with monitoring company balance sheets to ensure any foreign exchange exposure is kept to a minimum
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of Practice Accounting and Controllership environment is essential
- Relevant exposure to Statutory reporting
- Excellent IT skills (including Excel and Word) and Caseware (ideal)
- Experience of IFRS and US GAAP
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Understanding of Oracle Financials - GL and Hyperion Smartview
What's on Offer
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results to short timescales
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-location environment
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders
- Accuracy with good attention to detail and ability to check work of self and others
- Flexible and team player - develops close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
- Ability to identify areas to improve efficiency, accuracy and analysis and suggest ways of improvement