- you have an in-depth knowledge of work place pensions
- you have a good understanding of the payroll market
About Our Client
With over 10 million members, my client's award-winning pension fund is tailored to members' requirements by combining extensive research and an expert understanding of their needs. First-class investment practice and governance are the backbone of the organisation. The organisation invests responsibly and sustainably and are always transparent about the choices they make. It is both a privilege and a responsibility to help each member achieve the retirement they want.
As a Strategic Account Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- To manage a portfolio of strategic accounts, ensuring that business is retained and developed to maximise revenue opportunities
- To make day to day decisions that enable you to deliver against their retention and development targets
- You will be expected to identify and manage risks associated with their own portfolio
- This role has no budget responsibility
- To have and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Workplace Pensions and the market.
- To retain and develop a portfolio of strategically important accounts ensuring an in-depth understanding of each account (portfolio may include employer, intermediary, payroll software provider or bureau, professional body, trade association, strategic partnership).
- To achieve all targets set by the head of strategic account management for managed accounts. Successful achievement of targets will be evidence based.
- To work at creating, identifying and realising opportunities to generate additional profitable revenue. For retention objectives this will include developing a full understanding of the account, building trust and respectful working relationships. Being commercially aware of current trading positions of key accounts is expected.
- Work closely with managed accounts, creating effective communication channels with key Customer stakeholders and taking responsibility for leading on the resolution of all customer issues, including provision of technical support in how to use the company's systems. Liaising with other company departments as required, for example the insight teams.
- Ensure strategic account development plans for each client are continually updated with all current and relevant information, including profitability status and future revenue identifiers. Ensure that all other administrative tasks are fulfilled on time and to high standards (CRM, reporting, travel and expenses claims etc).
- Monthly analysis of account portfolio, making valid recommendations on where matrix working with Business Development Team is required to fulfil revenue targets.
- To make full use of technology to ensure that account management is delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner, maximising delivery through remote channels (telephone and online meetings).
- To gather accurate and detailed market intelligence in a form that can be used to drive further product and service improvements and marketing campaigns.
- Contributing to the development of tools and information provided to customers.
- Representing and networking effectively at external events, building and delivering compelling presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Keeping job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks
The Successful Applicant
The successful Strategic Account Manager will have the following technical skills and experiences:
- The jobholder is expected to have or develop a detailed working level of expertise of the company's systems and processes. They will use this to ensure that they can provide a high degree of support to strategic accounts where required (first line resolution is provisioned through the Contact Centre).
- Ensuring that the CRM records are maintained for all accounts
- Significant auto enrolment, defined contribution and trust based pensions knowledge
- A good understanding of the different types of customers the company has and different engagement approached required for each
- Ability to understand profitability models and how they relate to an account management framework
- A skilled and confident presenter, comfortable in front of large audiences
- Highly skilled in relationship management, influencing outcomes and objection handling
- Preferably a good understanding of the payroll market and how it fits into the company's delivery model
- Preferably a previous background in account management
- Preferably experience of meeting and exceeding revenue and retention targets
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programmes and comfortable with leveraging new technologies
- Experience in using telephony and other technologies to maximise effective delivery through remote channels
Furthermore, the successful Strategic Account Manager applicant will have the following attributes:
- Highly motivated and self-managed, able to work without supervision to an agreed framework
- Structured analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to solve own problems
- A team player who will share knowledge with colleagues and contribute to team objectives
- A positive outlook, and an ability to find solutions not problems
- An effective planner with good time management skills
- Technically minded with excellent attention to detail
- Someone who takes personal responsibility for their own development
- Comfortable with a changing and evolving environment and not afraid to try new approaches
What's on Offer
Everyone wants a good work life balance and you will be working with a truly flexible employer, fully embracing a working from home culture and flexible working hours.
You will have your birthday and Christmas Eve as an additional bonus to the already fantastic holiday allowance and of course…a generous pension contribution.
12 Months FTC - likely hood of extension/turning perm