- Future Growth Opportunities
- Leading business in their industry
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturing business in their industry and have a diverse customer base which has allowed aggressive growth across multiple sectors.
The role will report to the Supply Chain Manager and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Implement systems, KPI measures & develop a strategic & a co-operative supplier base in Europe.
- Work closely alongside the Production Manager to deliver customer orders in line with the companies targets.
- Strives to capture best value for the organization, achieving & maintaining high quality at best value & maintaining high service to the customer.
- Abiding by the organisations code of ethics whilst ensuring supplier materials meet legislative compliance.
- Work with NPD, Sales & other departments to bring new products to market.
- Conduct specific cost down projects to find best value for the organisation.
- Conduct negotiations & price review with suppliers & outside organisations
- Conduct supplier audits, selections & quality reviews
- Negotiate & monitor incoming freight & delivery contracts.
- Monitor & report PPV (Purchase Price Variance) measured against the company's component price systems.
- Monitor & report vendor performance monthly.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Background in purchasing, procurement & project buying for a manufacturing organisation.
- Good technical understanding of typical manufacturing processes such as extrusions, high pressure diecasting, plastic injection moulding, electronics, and electronics supply chain.
- Knowledge in supplier management & inventory control techniques including but not limited to MRP, visual management, Kanban, POU (point of use), vendor managed inventory.
- Experience of purchasing function in a lean manufacturing strategy.
- High level of ownership whilst working in a dynamic fast-moving team environment where work spans the boundaries with other departments and functions.
- Tenacious mind-set constantly striving for the best & most cost-effective outcomes to provide best value for the organization.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to join a business that invests in the development & growth of their staff. They will also be rewarded with a competitive salary.