- Great opportunity for a Estate Programme Manager
- Working for one of the largest police forces in the UK
About Our Client
Greater Manchester Police is one of the largest police forces in the UK and is responsible for keeping its diverse population of almost 3 million safe.
This is an exciting time for Greater Manchester Police, who has set an ambitious transformation and change agenda.
The Change & Transformation Branch is responsible for the portfolio of business change which consists of a number of strategic programmes each of which will bring about transformational change across the organisation, including structures, processes and technology.
Working within the Change and Transformation Branch, there is a vacancy for the post of a Estate Programme Manager.
You will have line management responsibility for a range of project and change professionals, shaping the way to deliver our transformation portfolio. You will work to provide necessary current and future capacity to realise the Force's ambitions and associated benefits including the delivery of its overall strategy and comprehensive spending review targets.You will be a highly experienced transformational change professional, having worked in a similar multi- disciplinary leadership role. You will have a track record of designing and delivering a best-in-class estate programme / project management capabilities processes and procedures.
You will have experience of managing and motivating diverse and multi-disciplinary teams. You will also be able to demonstrate credible stakeholder engagement to successfully manage and embed change both strategically and operationally.
You will have led and coordinated budget and resource planning across complex change programmes and understand how this links into broader Finance, HR and Procurement functions.You will be a highly effective and organised individual who is able to evidence where you have won the trust of senior teams. You will be flexible and innovative in overcoming challenges as well as supporting others to achieve the same.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in providing management and leadership of multi-functional project teams, including Estates, Facilities, IS, HR etc.
- Experience in Project/Programme managing large-scale refurbishment, new build or relocation projects.
- Experience of working with design consultants, build contractors, removal companies etc
- Experience in tendering and evaluating goods and services, working alongside Procurement Professionals, and experience of vendor management
- Experienced in developing and delivering estate transformation and the implementation of agile/hybrid working practices.
- Experience of developing Business Cases for service/estate transformation
- CAD Space Planning (desirable not essential but useful to have)
- Problem Solver / Innovative Ideas around ways of working
- Supervisory Managemen
- Producing Financial Options and Appraisal
- Report writing
- Stakeholder Management
- Good communication skills
What's on Offer
- Based Manchester
- Full Time - Permanent
- Salary £71,265 + Benefits